Perennial Fellowship is a transformative leadership program that goes far beyond and much deeper than developing skills and building networks. It is specifically designed to help social leaders reconnect to what matters most: their deeply rooted inspiration, the purpose of their work, and their loving commitment to their communities.
The Perennial Fellowship program:
Skillfully integrates authentic conversations, inner exploration, and true fellowship with other powerful social leaders.
Applies all learning to real leadership challenges and life experiences.
Perennial Fellowship brings together leaders at the forefront of social change in Africa, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.
We have learned that when leaders are skilled in turning inward for regeneration, insight and awareness, they are able to be authentic when they turn outward to build the connections they need to respond wisely to the problems their communities face. Therefore, during the Perennial Fellowship program, we build resilience first by tending to the inner world of leadership, reconnecting leaders to a deeper place of meaning and purpose. We then look outward to the processes that help shape and influence social change. And finally, we create the opportunity for practice and application in the world.
When you attend the Fellowship program, you will:
- Develop personal practices that increase your well-being.
- Enhance your ability to lead with joy and clarity.
- Take a close look at how your inner world influences your leadership and performance.
- Explore power – your own power and the power that exists in society.
- Examine how social norms come to be, and how you can use that understanding to strategically shape and influence social change.
- Gain new perspective from Peer Consultations.
- Integrate what you’ve learned through coaching, reflection and guided practice.
- Renew your ability to be an insightful leader for years to come.
- January 15 to February 19, 2021
- April 23 to June 4, 2021
- September 15 to October 14, 2021
5 weeks | Time commitment of 10-15 per week
Live facilitated sessions, 2-3 times/week
Each live session will be 2 to 2.5 hours
Additional offline learnings
Up to 18 Fellows per cohort
Renew your ability to be an insightful leader for years to come.
Complete the online application form
Provide 2 letters of recommendation
Interview with us online
Qualified candidates demonstrate the following attributes:
- Demonstrated commitment towards positive social change in their communities
- Significant leadership experience
- Readiness for inner reflection
- Openness to new perspectives and worldviews
- Able to speak and understand conversational English
- Able to fully be present and commit to the entire 2-week program period
Please refer them to the website to learn more about our program. Our program is specifically designed for an experienced leader who can benefit from an extended time to reflect on and deepen their leadership, therefore it is important that they understand our approach. Then they will follow the application process.
Yes, the main language for the program is English. You will need conversational English in order to get the most out of the program. However, Perennial staff and trainers speak many other languages fluently and communication across culture is a strong element of the program.
The time commitment necessary to join the Perennial Online Fellowship is of 10 to 15 hours per week, during 6 weeks. The program has 2-3 live Zoom calls per week of 2 to 2.5 hours each, as well as aditional offline learnings. All participants are expected to fully participate in each and every program activity. Activities not related to the fellowship, including phone calls and answering emails, are highly discouraged if they conflict with a program call.
Depending on the country of origin, estimated costs per Fellow for program participation are $5,000 USD.
We understand that not everyone has the resources nor the institutional partners to cover the full costs for participation in the Perennial Fellowship. For this reason, Perennial works very hard with foundations and supporters to ensure that the full burden of program participation does not fall entirely on each individual. Depending on each individual’s needs and the resources available from our Perennial Fund we are able to provide support through a scholarship. Please let us know your needs when applying for the program and we will proceed accordingly.